American artist Matthew Cutter aims to capture the beauty and solitude of the landscape; adept with both oil and acrylic, he paints his surroundings with sensitivity and poetic expression. A simple color harmony or pattern in nature is often the source of inspiration.
Employing a variety of techniques and tools keeps Matthew’s work fresh and exciting. Largely self-taught, Matthew is attempting to redefine acrylic as a medium equal to oil by manipulating surface textures to look like oil paint. His effort has not gone unnoticed as his collectors often comment on how his acrylic paintings resemble oils.
In 2010, he won the President’s Award at the Salmagundi Club in New York City, and in 2015 he was featured as an emerging artist in Southwest Art magazine. Matthew has work in several corporate collections and has built a loyal following among private collectors.
- Outstanding Acrylic - Bold Brush Painting Competition, July 2018 (Ocean Surge, 11"x12")
- Honorable Mention - Oil Painters of America, Spring 2018 (A Winter's Night, 12"x16")
- Best Landscape - National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society, 2017 (Transition, 16"x20")
- Outstanding Acrylic - Bold Brush Painting Competition, January 2017 (Findlay Market, 5"x7")
- Finalist - Art Muse Contest, January 2017 (Light & Shadow, 60"x60")
- Finalist - Bold Brush Painting Competition, July 2016 (Opening to Thingvellir Lake, 22.5"x15")
- Finalist - RayMar Art Contest, March 2015 (Summer Creek, 14"x18")
- Best of Show - Bold Brush Painting Competition, April 2014 (Tending to the Fire, 38.25"x57.5")
- Second Place - Bold Brush Painting Competition, December 2013 (Rooftops, 48"x40")
- Second Place - Bold Brush Painting Competition, July 2013 (Asheville Waterfall, 12"x8")
- Second Prize - International Artist Challenge No. 63: Seascapes, Rivers & Lakes, June/July 2011
- The President's Award - SCNY Annual and Non-Member Painting & Sculpture Exhibition, July 2010
- Faver-Gray Design/Build/CM Services, Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank, Jacksonville, FL Branch
- Tanner & Bishop Law, Jacksonville, FL